, Revolution, Evolution, Delight (Defiance in GMS and SEA) is an update following Cygnus Returns
(Mark of Honor
in SEA). It is unveiled in MapleStory 1st Festival at COEX
on May 19, 2013.
Part 1: 1st Impact
- All Explorers (except for Cannoneers and Dual Blades) are completely overhauled, and given their own storyline.
- Cannoneers and Dual Blades are now considered normal Explorers.
- Their Cash Shop inventories are now shared with all other explorer classes.
- Phantoms are now able to steal their skills.
- The Open Advancement System was added.
- New mastery books, Mastery Book 20 and Mastery Book 30, have replaced separate books, allowing players to obtain a Mastery Book of their choice.
- Classes no longer require skill-specific skill books; they will be automatically learned upon advancing to 4th job. This includes Hero's Will.
- The new Mastery Books include Maple Warrior.
- Books obtained from the new Mastery Books have a 100% success rate.
- Both books are sold by Luna in Henesys or Illiad in Leafre.
- Mastery Book 20 costs 7 million mesos.
- Mastery Book 30 costs 10 million mesos.
- Dual Blades’ 2nd~3rd job skills that require mastery books can be obtained through the Dual Blade Training Book. This book is sold by Taeha in Kerning City's Secret Garden for 100,000 mesos.
Other Additions and Changes
- Profession Revamp
- Level 11 (Craftsman) and Level 12 (Meister) was added to Professions.
- Players can now simultaneously learn mining and herbalism.
- New items can be created when reaching Level 11 or 12.
- Alchemists are able to craft new potions and extractors.
- Players with Accessory Crafting are able to craft new accessories and Flame of Reincarnation (KMS only).
- Players with Smithing are able to craft new cubes and new Level 145 Meister weapons.
- Maple Mileage System
- Allows characters to fund 30% of Cash Shop items when completing certain tasks (KMS only).
Part 2: Child of God
- New Feature: Auction House
- Similar to GMS's Maple Trade System (MTS), with searching and sorting functions, purchasing with mesos and auction capabilities.
- A limit of 5 items can be placed into the Auction House at one time.
- New Class: Zero
- The Child of God, Zero, starts at level 100 and has two personae, Alpha and Beta.
- New Area: Mirror World (Shadow Temple)
- A new area, created by the Black Mage, has been added for Zero's storyline. It features renewed background music and 'mirrors' the Maple World.
- Other features:
- Customizable training areas
- Premium Hunting
Part 3: Kritias
- New Area: Kritias
- Kritias is a world merged area with high level monsters.
- New Major Boss: Hekaton (1 vs 100)
- Real time PvE system, Commander's Invasion
- Bamon's League
- GMS changed the third part of RED, from Delight to Defiance. This was due to the lack of connection with the other update names.
- GMS will receive the Trade Republic of Commerci area, an expansion to the Dawnveil region.
MapleStory 10th Anniversary
History of MapleStory shown at COEX
MapleStory RED Teaser
MapleStory RED reveal at COEX
Child of God
Child of God teaser video
MapleStory - RED Trailer
MapleStory RED Official Trailer
Rise of the Adventurers
MapleStory RED introductory video
MapleStory - Child of God That Day...
Child of God introduction video Part 1
MapleStory - Child of God Nein meets the Girl
Child of God Introduction video Part 2
MapleStory - RED Child of God TV commercial
Child of God TV Commercial
Maplestory Hekaton Trailer
MapleStory - RED Zero Trailer HD
GMS Zero Trailer
Availability of RED