- For Phantom's skill, see Tempest.
Part 1 : Into the Storm
- All classes except Cygnus Knights get a minor revamp. Third job advancement now requires Maplers to be at Level 60 instead of 70, and Fourth job advancement is now required to be Level 100 instead of 120. Several quests, Level requirements on certain equipment, and EXP needed to level up between Levels 60 to 75 and 100 to 125 were adjusted accordingly.
- Secondary stats on most equipment were removed, and auto-assigning to stats does not input AP into the secondary stat.
- Honor EXP needed to level up is significantly reduced, and the time restriction for earning Honor EXP in Azwan is removed. Several circulators were also merged.
Part 2 : Luminous
- New Class: Luminous.
Part 3 : Protector of Dragons, Kaiser
Part 4 : Idol of the Battlefield, Angelic Buster
Part 5 : Traitor Magnus
Part 6 : Beginning of Evolution, Hyper Skills
- This is currently the only update which all versions have a different mixture of content released in separate patches.
- GlobalMS released Root Abyss in this update, and is also the first time a canon content is released first outside of Korea. The content is released in KoreaMS 13 hours later. It is also in ChinaMS's test server before GlobalMS's release.
- In GMS, the updates were intact, but Hyper Skills were not introduced and Tyrant's Castle was released along with Angelic Buster, the Hyper Skills update was replaced by Root Abyss, Hyper Skills were then introduced in the minor patch Hyper Evolution.
- MapleSEA adds all of Tempest and parts of Unlimited in its Season 2 update.
|*Based on Korean MapleStory timeline and title|
Tempest (July) Unlimited (December)
Mark of Honor (July)