PvP, short for Player versus Player, is part of the Chaos update, Age of Battle.
Players talk to Rosette to learn about PvP specifics. They can exchange BP (Battle Points) obtained in the arena for Gallant Emblems via the BP Exchanger; 1 for 500 BP, 4 for 1500 BP, or 7 for 2500 BP. Larson can trade Gallant Emblems for equipments, but also sells Arrows for Mesos.
Once the player is prepared for battle, he/she may talk to Crawson. There are four modes one can choose:
- Free-for-All: Battle against other players freely without restrictions. Time limit is 10 minutes.
- Team Match: Battle with teams against each other. Time limit is 10 minutes and there is Team Red and Team Blue.
- Ice Knight: One player out of ten transforms into the Ice Knight, who is then tasked to survive the battlefield against the other nine players aiming to destroy the Ice Knight. Time limit is 7 minutes.
- Capture the Flag: Capture the flag! Get the opponent's flag before they get yours! Time limit is ten minutes, with three scores from one team to end the game.
If you are chosen as the Ice Knight, you will be blessed with immense power and strength.
With the strength of the Ice Knight, you will be able to prevent other players from knocking you back. The Ice Knight will also be able to perform double jump that covers great distances.
As the Ice Knight attacks its enemies, the Ice Gauge will increase. When the Ice Gauge are fully filled up, the Ice Knight can perform a variety of devastating skills.
|Ice Smash - Transform your axe into a giant sword to freeze multiple enemies. Usable when Ice Gauge is charged to 20 or higher. [Command: Up and Up Arrow Key + Attack Key]|
|Ice Tempest - Damage enemies over time with a blast of icy power. Usable when Ice Gauge is charged to 40 or higher. [Command: Down and Right Arrow Key + Attack Key]|
|Ice Chop – Strike enemies hard with a chance to stun. Usable when Ice Gauge is charged to 5 or higher. [Command: Down Arrow Key + Attack Key]|
|Ice Curse - Curse your opponents by turning them into Ice Snails. Usable when Ice Gauge is charged to 160 or higher. [Command: Down Arrow Key and Up Arrow Key + Attack Key]|
- In the Battle Square or before/after a match starts/ends, players are unable to use skills.
- Entering is "randomized"; players cannot choose what map or 'server room' to enter.
- Players can enter a match while it is in play, however their score will be 0.
- To leave a PvP match, click the 'Room Out' button (the red button that appears in place of the 'Cash Shop' button). Upon leaving, you will gain no EXP and a small amount of BP depending on performance.
- Damage in PvP is not 'visible'; instead, attacking will result in "Hit", "Critical", "Miss", "No-Hit", etc. icons appearing instead of typical damage.
- HP and MP does not have a visible number.
- Attacking players with multi-hit skills will result in all the hits of that skill landing either a 'Hit', 'Miss' or 'No-Hit'.
- Attacking players on the respawn platform will always result in "No-Hits".
- Skills in PvP are unlike those outside of PvP; many skills have their damages altered, long delays, etc.
- When defeated, the player turns into a ghost (with no gravestone and is not 'floating') while crying and respawns in five seconds.
- "Scoring" in this PvP is based on critical hits, skill used, damage, and kills a player makes.
- The highest scoring person receives 'Champion Defense', in which they have thirty seconds to keep alive to gain more scores, however another person may kill the Champion Defense to gain additional scoring.
- If a person dies five times, he/she gains 'Rage' which increases his/her Attack and Defense for two minutes.
- In the Ice Knight Mode, everyone's names appear as question marks until the match starts, although the person who becomes the Ice Knight will be called the 'Ice Knight' instead of his/her original name.
- The Ice Knight uses its skills by button commands, similar to the Aran.
- During a match, players are refrained from using items or potions.
- There are several items on the battlefield which are used upon activation. However, the Ice Knight cannot pick them up. The following items are listed below.
- HP restored by 30% for one person.
- HP restores by 15% for the entire team.
- MP restored by 30% for one person.
- MP restored by 15% for the entire team.
- HP/MP restored by 30% for one person.
- HP/MP restored by 15% for the entire team.
- Attack buff for one person.
- Attack buff for the entire team.
- Defense buff for one person.
- Defense buff for the entire team.
- All Cures for one person.
- All Cures for the entire team.
- Random Box, randomly choosing the following.
- Transforms into a Stirge, Smirking Ghost Stump, Serpent, or Red Ribbon Pig. Transformed players cannot attack, gains lesser speed, and some cannot climb ropes.
- Inflict random status (Darkness, Weaken, Blind, etc.)
- Temporary Invincibility (all hits become 'No-Hits').
- Increase score by 10/20/30.
- Debuffs all opposing players.
- HP restored.
- MP restored.
- HP/MP restored.
- Increases Attack/Defense.
- All Cure.
- When the match is over, EXP and BP is rewarded depending on performance.